Friday, January 28, 2011

A new season

This year starts the fifth year of training for triathlons with youth. I can't believe it's been so long yet at the same time so short! I can still remember my first practices where running even a mile was torture, where biking up the small hills in Fresno was pain! Now a mile is a warmup (and a short one at that), and biking is one of my greatest joys - be it on the road or mountain!

Last weekend's Hensley Duathlon series was a success, with my students camping and doing very well. We had a record 20 youth camping friday night to help with saturday's race and setting up... despite some transportation problems it all turned out ok. At around 1am on Saturday morning/Friday night, the Madera County Sheriff came and asked who had called 911! It was none of us, but I guess someone had called and said they were at Hensley Lake... after we let them know it wasn't us they let us go on their way and no harm was done except we were a little bit more tired.

Looking forward to two more weekends of it all! Then a break from hosting races and in March/April we start competing!

No comments:

Post a Comment