Sunday, July 19, 2009

new car!


Well, it's been a busy month once again! After having my main car (a 1998 Toyota Corolla) totalled June 26th, I had to resort to the backup plan - my 1993 Chevrolet Suburban with no AC and about 10 Mpg.

However the brakes they were a squeakin', and along with some other problems needed about $400 in repairs.

I knew Cash for Clunkers was going to happen soon, so have been shopping for a bit now. The time today seemed right, and I purchased the RAV4 mostly seen above today! It will arrive on Friday. I had room in my budget for $350 a month and I negotiated a price of $353 before adding the towing option. However the racks up top are included along with a slew of awesomeness!

However, many of my students and I are pretty sad about the Suburban leaving. When it was given to us at a deep discount in 2007 - specifically for the Triathlon Team - it was a godsend. I would certainly say that without it, Tri-This! would not be the organization it is today. It is with great sadness that Wednesday night we will have a little good bye party for it and people can share favorite memories, etc. (after water polo practice.)

I made a slideshow of pictures here (also showing my now deceased Toyota Corolla in some parts...)

http://picasaweb.google.com/trithisfresno/goodbyesuburban

No comments:

Post a Comment